Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Girlfriends Are Amazing!

One thing that is super healpful when you are trying to tackle ANY challange, is having amazing friends who you can rely on to be your personal cheerleaders. They can be there right beside you the whole time, give you an ego boost and make your feel great about your accomplishments, or just be there to listen when you need to vent.

I have made three really great friends since moving. (And lets face it, you only need one or two great ones - I'm fortunate to have three) I met them all a few months after I moved into my new house at the first "Viva Volunteer" appreciation dinners I ever went to. I was the last of us to come in, and little did I know when I sat down, I would form a wonderful bond between these three fantastic women.

I could probably gush on and on about how great my friends are, and even though we haven't known each other for long, and there is always a chance that any one of us might move - BUT we are forming bonds that I believe will last a life time. These are my friends. They are awesome.
Caroline
Caroline is wonderful because even though she has a super busy schedule, she makes the effort to make time for everyone. She is chic, but never snobby. She is hilarious, but never cocky.
In a couple of weeks, Caroline and I will be starting the "Insanity" workout, and I have to tell you, we are bit nervous. I had never heard Insanity until she mentioned it to me and told me to Google it.

I googled it and the thing I remember most was a woman in front of the camera saying "I threw up on the first day" I texted Caroline and said, "I want to do Insanity with you! I just bought it off Amazon!"

She has such an amazing body, I can't even imagine how she will look when she's done!

Sadly, I don't get to spend as much time with her as I would like to, since she lives in the next town over. I look forward to making new opportunies to get together.




Hayley
Hayley is awesome because she is a Brit!

OK, OK, seriously, other than her accent and British vocabulary, Hayley is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and has the best conversational skills ever.

She loves discovering new places, having only been in Canada for 2 years. This summer, we are going to learn how to kayak and make our way up to the provincial park a few hours away to do some hiking. We might even succeed in tanning our pasty legs. :)

I get to spend the most time with Hayley because we are both Ladies of Leisure




Sophie

Sophie is awesome because she is 100% sincere and genuine.
Every single time I have talked to her she is able to see the silver lining in a bad situation. She always appreciates everyone for even the smallest friendly gesture they offer.


Sophie is always encouraging, optimistic and a great hugger. She sees hidden potential and urges those close to her to take the leap or take on a new challange, knowing that it can be done.


Quite a few of my friendships in the past have gone awry. Either too much drama, negativity or cattiness. None of which I have room for in my life.

The night we met, I was surprised that one of the things that was said quite often was "Good for you!" Thinking of starting a family? That's awesome! You're engaged? That's fantastic! Congratulations! Looking for a job? Is there anything I can do to help?

You get the idea. They are so supportive (We have to support each other with the lives we lead.) and I am blessed to have such great friends. Thank you to each and every one of you!

What sort of challenges have your friends helped you with lately?


On a different note, have you scrolled all the way down past the comments at the bottom? You can go see my aquarium!

No comments:

Post a Comment