Monday, November 4, 2013

Awesome Discovery!

Okay! I discovered this tonight and I'm SUPER excited about it! I made some steamed carrot baby food last night, tossed it into an ice cube tray and froze them. Tonight, I went to take one out of the zip lock bag for Little Misses big girl food breakfast tomorrow, but instead of putting it in the fridge, I wrapped a bib around one end and let her suck on the other end.



 
SHE LOVED IT! She got MAD at me when I tried to take it away! She GRABBED for it when it was within reach!

I understand why she loved it so much though, she *is* teething something fierce (5 teeth now, one more coming in the next day or two, and it feels like a few more soon after that) and she really likes carrots... and broccoli... and chicken... and, well, let's say I figured out early that I don't have a fussy eater.

So a love of food (she loves ice too) + not being able to feel gums = awesome
 
 

 
And once it got too small to hold in the bib, I simply broke it up into tiny pieces and fed them to her like I would any normal solid food.

I was pretty happy to come upon this discovery, and I think I'll try it with her sweet potatoes and maybe some green beans. What a great idea for teething babies and an awesome way to get some extra nutrition in! I think it would a fantastic summer treat idea too... maybe with some apple sauce?

Hope you give it a try!


 
What is an awesome discovery you've made recently?

Oh! And won't you scroll on down past the comments and feed the goldfish?

No comments:

Post a Comment